Monday, October 12, 2009

My Husband Missed His Callilng

I met my hubby back in May of 1996 and was so impressed that at the young age of 22 he just loved to cook. He was and still is an amazing cook. The part that blows me away is that he actually loves to cook. I don't really understand where he's coming from since I don't get the same enjoyment out out of cooking as my hubby does, unless of course I'm making chocolate chip cookies. I really think my husband missed his calling when it comes to careers. I think he should of enrolled in culinary school and learned how to be a chef. I came across this really fun activity that reminded me of my hubby. Hilton Branson Convention Center Hotel, which is located in Missouri, is having this fun cooking school weekend on October 16th and 17th. You actually get to learn how to cook like the professionals chefs do. Even though I'm not a huge fan of cooking I would really love to learn how to make Greek cuisine. I come from a large Greek family and miss the taste of my grandma's Greek dishes. This fun weekend starts with a wine tasting reception with appetizers on Friday night. Saturday night is the cooking demo that shows you how to prepare the appetizers from Friday nights reception. Saturday you will be served a four course meal and Sunday is a demonstration on how to prepare that same four course meal. Wow, what an amazing event. The Hilton is offering this great package deal for the cooking school weekend for only $398 plus tax. This includes deluxe accommodations for two people for Friday and Saturday nights. Why not feel like a king or queen for the weekend, plus learn how to cook to top it off. I can't wait to tell the hubby about my little discover here. The Hilton Branson looks like a wonderful hotel to stay at. I noticed that they offer 18 holes of golf. I sure wouldn't mind checking that out. Now, I have to be honest I've only been to Missouri one time in my life and we were there to visit family. We were actually very close to the Branson Convention Center. We had a chance to visit Lake Taneycomo, which is so beautiful. I have to say that there were some really great places to shop. I had the time of my life on that trip and I'm looking forward to visiting Missouri again soon.

Post?slot_id=63022&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: